He shares overall business strategy and product development responsibilities with his Co-Directors: Jeremy Hempstead, Graham Howe and Justin Smith Essex. and is a member of the Quantet Group Ltd. management board.
Simon has worked in Further Education sector since 1985 and has worked for a number of central London training providers. He has held a wide variety of posts including:
- Adult Skills Teacher (English, Maths and Communications)
- Curriculum Manager (Arts, Media and Humanities)
- Head of Department (Adult Education and Sixth Form Studies)
- Centres of Vocational Excellence Director (Science, Health, Arts and Media)
- Director of Enterprise (Employer Engagement and Commercialisation)
During his career in the FE sector Simon was chair of the Society for Education in Film and Television (SEFT) education board, acted as an HMI inspector, and authored and edited a number of teaching books and journal articles.
Simon took a break from the sector (and the UK) in the early 1990’s to establish a chain of boutique travel businesses operating in France, Spain, Austria and Switzerland before returning to help found the London Apprenticeship Company in 2009.
Simon splits his time between London, Whitstable and Windhoek, Namibia.